Our reading intervention treatment program offers students opportunities to improve individual skills and learn strategies to succeed academically. We have a staff speech language pathologist who is trained in Orton Gillingham and is a certified dyslexia teacher.
Treatment may focus on the following:
- Automaticity in-word attack (letter/sound correspondence, phonological analysis, concepts of print)
- Reading fluency
- Increasing naming speed and word recognition
- Reading comprehension and reading to learn
- Emphasis on gaining metacognitive tools that will give children command over printed language and change their perception of themselves as readers
- Treatment plans will draw from research-based reading programs, computer-based technologies, and PSLLC’s designed methodologies